Erika Larkin's Golf Blog

Erika Larkin is a Certified PGA Professional. She is the Director of Instruction at Stonewall Golf Club in Gainesville, Virginia and operates the Larkin Golf Learning Community. This blog is an outlet for her thoughts on all things golf and golf instruction instruction related. Check out www.larkingolf.com for info about her lesson programs and rates. Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Season Recap!

I'm back.. it's been such a busy year (I know, that is not excuse for not blogging)!

I am winding down from my first full season at Stonewall Golf Club. I enjoyed meeting so many new wonderful students, building my business in a new community and planting seeds for the years to come on the junior golf front. I have an updated website with photo gallery and new scheduler. I have posted many more video tips as well as a result of my aspirations to be picked for the Golf Channel's Next Instructor Search that I participated in this Fall (I have not been notified of my selection...yet.. still waiting... any day now....! )

I look forward to next year and I've already selected a few new coaching tools to incorporate in my training that I think will really help the learning process : a mental golf profile and a stat tracking program. More info to come soon!

I am really proud of the accomplishments of some of my competitive students this year:

  • Lisa Combs had a great summer highlighted by competing in Europe (for the USA) on the IJGT Jr. Euro Cup Team. She finished top 25 in the state for Girls Golf and won the Women's Club Championship at her home course, Faquier Springs CC.Now in her senior year in HS and entertaining offers from various D1 and D3 schools around the country. Very exciting.
  • Former Student , Amanda Steinhagen made it into Sports Illustrated for being the first woman in VA in over 30 years to hold the VA Women's and VA Girls title simultaneously. She is now in her freshman year at Longwood University on a full scholarship.
  • I had the pleasure of starting to work with Joe Megless this season. He is a local, accomplished amateur player who has aspirations of turning pro. He just joined the FUZION Minor League Golf Tour to gain more top level experience at this time. Keep an eye out for him, he has a lot of potential!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home